Moses Sinkala Travel Scholarships
In honor of the late Dr. Moses Sinkala, the Sparkman Center for Global Health and the Vice Provost for Student and Faculty Success are pleased to establish the Moses Sinkala Travel Scholarship. This annual award is designed to assist exemplary graduate and undergraduate students complete an international internship or research opportunity. Ten scholarships will be granted; five graduate awards of $1,000 and five undergraduate awards of $1000 will be made. Scholarship awardees will be announced on.
Please note, scholarships may not be applied towards field courses, study away opportunities, or programs which require students to pay a fee for placement. Only UAB students in good academic standing may apply.
How to Apply
The online application will be open from January 1, 2014 to March 4, 2014. Interested parties need to submit the following:
- Complete Application
- Transcript (Unofficial Copy can be obtained from Blazernet)
- Project Proposal which should include the following components:
- Synopsis of your background. Please include the intent of your project, goals, and a brief description of why you selected this topic of study
- The name, phone number, and email of your contact abroad
- Organizations or projects with whom you will be collaborating
- Please state is the project requires UAB's Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval? If so, include a description of the review process for planned research
- Budget specifying your total cost for this endeavor. Please include airfare, room, board, visas, immunizations, etc.
The proposal should not exceed 5 pages, double-spaced.